About the programme
- This is a holistic, play-based, child and family-centred programme.
- Home visits and centre-based programme which will draw on evidence-based practices.
- Intervention designed to be culturally appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with the team around the child (parents, family members and caregivers)
- It offers parent / family education.
- Experienced and well qualified teachers and therapists will lead the programme.
- Ecologically based assessment, individual planning, teaching strategies and evaluation.
- The programme is supported by:
- Ongoing mentoring by a highly qualified and experienced early intervention educator from New Zealand.
- Early intervention teachers from New Zealand and Singapore.
- Occupational Therapists.
The importance of Parent-Child interactions
Parents share a unique relationship with their children and this continues to develop over a lifetime.
It is understood that through parents' warm, loving responses to their infants and toddlers during daily routines that important reciprocal parent-child interactions are established.
These important interactions are based on a family's cultural patterns and beliefs and cannot be underestimated in the way they influence a child's development. Social emotional competence grows from these early parent-child interactions and from this, a child's cognitive abilities emerge.
For more details, please contact us